Our PTO Executive Board for 2018-2019
President - Robert Byram
Vice President - Debbie deForest
Secretary - Andrea Roberts
Treasurer - TBD
The Importance of Parent Involvement
The importance of parent involvement in all aspects of a child’s life cannot be overstated. Studies on parent involvement overwhelmingly confirm a positive effect on the child’s well-being and academic achievement. Parent involvement and parent commitment also benefit teachers, schools, communities, and the parents themselves. Involved parents develop positive attitudes towards the school and teachers, gather support for schools, and then bring additional resources to benefit the school.
The purpose of this organization is:
- To involve parents and school personnel in a cooperative and sustained system of activities that will enhance the educational and social opportunities of the children both in the school and at home.
- To improve school/home relationships by enabling parents and school personnel to:
- Define their relationship with each other.
- Define their roles as they pertain to the children by the school.
- Identify the needs and resources of the district, its families, and its community.
- To provide teachers and administrators with opinions and viewpoints that will lead to a better analysis of the needs of the students and more relevant program planning.
- To sustain parent interest and to provide the resources needed by school personnel to function effectively in a working relationship with parents and other community members.
Baldwin Heights PTO Projects:
- Baldwin Heights Walk-A-Thon (Sept/Oct)
- Fall Harvest Festival (Oct)
- Holiday Parade (Dec)
- Baldwin's Got Talent Show(Feb/Mar)
- Family Engineering Night(Feb/Mar)
- Scholarships (awarded to graduating seniors who attended Baldwin Heights)
- Teacher supplies
- School Assemblies and Field Trips
- Carnival (May)
- Field Day Supplies
- School Improvements
- Playground Equipment
- Box Tops to Fund School Media Center Additions
Baldwin Heights PTO Endowment
A unique aspect of the Baldwin Heights PTO is that several years ago we were able to fund an endowment through the Greenville Area Community Foundation. This partnership allows a perpetual source of income that regularly funds multiple projects at the school including the PTO Scholarships. As this fund continues to grow we will be able to put the money toward multiple endeavors.
The PTO is only as successful as our amazing volunteers. Your time is valuable to us, no matter if it's just a few minutes or a few hours. Volunteering is an incredible way to show your child that you care about their school and education. Research shows that staying involved in your child's education means they are more likely to earn better grades, attend school regularly, and have a better attitude towards school. To volunteer your time or talent, please contact the PTO by emailing email@example.com or through our Baldwin Heights Facebook Page.